Saturday, April 2, 2011

My Story

There are many reasons to why people want to start to lose weight or want to start a fitness program. Getting ready for a vacation, reunions with family or friends, to be healthy. Whatever your reasons use it as your motivation and never forget it. As a child I was healthy and thin until I started gain around age 11. My parents worked allot so they didn't always have the healthiest foods in the house. And my Dad worked for a soda company so we always had soda and sugar filled drinks in the house. I used to drink 2-3 cans in one sitting. I had two older brothers that I grew up with and they played football but all they ate was fast food too. So it didn't take long before the pounds started packing on over the years. It’s been a constant struggle since then and today I am 27 years old. I have tried all kinds of diets and exercise program and have lost a lot of weight of them but I would never stick with it for long and I would end up gaining the weight back. Well not this time. I have Tony Horton helping me to succeed because I need to lose this weight this year. Because now that I have my son Jacob, (born Oct 3 2010)

He is my world and I want to be healthier for him so I can play with him and chase after him and also to live longer for him. I want to live to see him grow up and I'm scared at the rate I was going I would die an early death because of many diseases related to being obese. But second of all I want to be healthy for myself and also I would like to wear a bikini for the first time in my life and look good in it. I know I can do it. I have already lost 15 pounds thanks to P90x and inches and I’m not stopping till I reach my goal. You can do it too. All you got to do is believe.

3 comments:

  1. I almost got teary reading this! I'm so proud of you already and sooo excited for the progress you will continue to see! SO glad I "met" you in our group! You are such an inspiration! Keep on keeping on! Can't wait to see your bikini shots!!
    xoxo
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gives me the chills Christina :) I know you will succeed. You have the heart of a champion ! I will be here 100% to support you on your journey to a new life. You will not only change your life but also the lives of all those you come in contact with :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jen this long journey ahead is gonna be a hard one but i couldnt do it with out people like you.And Scottie you push me and give me the confidence that I CAN do this.And i hope to be able to motivate other the way people have been there for me. Its a tough road and its easier not going at it alone :)

    ReplyDelete